Final Year Project Status
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Monday, January 26, 2015
Friday, January 23, 2015
Dubai Educational cum Excursion Trip
Cost: Rs. 48,000/- (all inclusive) + 3.09% GST extra
(based upon the current exchange rate, taxes and visa fee)
Date: 23-27th Feb, 2014 (Tentative)
Mode of Payment: Cash to CESSU (50% advance to be paid by 1st Feb, 2015 for booking of the tickets)
Dubai Tentative Itinerary*
* 04 Nights accommodation at the Hotel
* Return Economy Airfare
* Return Dubai Airport transfers. (Private Transfers – With water in Coaches)
* All Applicable Taxes.
* Daily Buffet Breakfast.
* Dubai City Tour (Private Transfers – With water in Coaches)
* Desert Safari with BBQ Dinner and Belly Dancing
* 04 packed lunch & 02 Dinner at Local Indian Restaurant
* Burj Khalifa Tour – ticket & timings are subject to availability
* 02 Return transfers to industrial visit
Day 1: Pickup from Dubai airport and transfer to the hotel in morning, day free & in afternoon pickup for Desert Safari with BBQ Dinner and Belly Dancing
Night 1: Hotel stay
Day 2: Industrial visit (Private Transfers – With water in Coaches)
Night 2: Hotel stay
Day 3: Burj Khalifa Tour, Dhow Cruise with Buffet Dinner (One of the Biggest Dhow in Dubai Creek).
Night 3: Hotel Stay
Day 4: Industrial visit (Private Transfers – With water in Coaches)
Night 4: Hotel Stay
Day 5: Day free for leisure & evening drop to airport.
* Itinerary is subject to change
GUIDELINES FOR FINAL YEAR PROJECT WORK
1. Make groups of maximum 3-4 students.
2. Decide on few prospective topics and discuss them with any Civil Engg. faculty member whose expertise matches the projects.
3. After discussion with prospective faculty guides decide on a project topic and submit a brief abstract to your guide. On approval of the topic and abstract, submit the signed abstract to HoD office. This should be done by Feb 5.
4. In consultation with your guide, prepare the methodology for the project and submit it to your guide.
5. Individual project diary (with dates) is to be maintained by each student in a group for weekly evaluation by their project guides (out of 10 marks), starting from the first week of february.
6. The guide shall award marks in the diary every week and shall keep the record with him/her as well
7. A group dairy should also be maintained showing the weekly progress of the project with dates.
8. Any student not reporting to his/her guide for the particular week will get zero marks for that week.
9. Rough draft of the Thesis is to be submitted first to their respective guides by 30th March`15 positively.
10. Final Thesis will be submitted at the end of the semester (latest by 15th April, 2015) only after the correction of the rough draft.
11. Project will be evaluated based on the quality and quantity of the work done.
12. Students will be judged based on their oral presentation and Viva-Voce session and also on the quantity of work understood by the student himself regarding his/her project.
13. The details of the evaluation criteria and the marks distribution shall be communicated to you soon.
Any project abstract submission beyond the deadline of 5th Feb, shall attract a minimum of 20% penalty.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Please find the notes for DPC- CVL013